Thursday, September 10, 2009

TV talk

It is probably accurate to say that for most people the number one form of entertainment in our lives is TV. I have always loved watching TV. For Karen and me watching our shows together is our bonding time. We have certain can't miss shows and many of them are starting in the next two weeks. I plan on making TV talk a semi regular report where I review and discuss our shows. We have a new entry this year and that is the show "Glee" on Fox. The first episode of the season was last night and I find this show a little quirky but highly entertaining. It is not a musical but being a show about the school's musical group it has a lot of singing and dancing in it so you know that is a plus for us. WE LOVE MUSICALS. If you missed the Wednesday show it will be repeated Friday night, try and catch it. Observation number one on "Glee" is that that character of Sue Sylvester, the cheer leading coach, may be the meanest female character I've seen since the witch in "Wizard of Oz" but she is an absolute hoot.

Our shows that are either on or starting soon...Numbered but not in order of favoritism.

1. Amazing Race...the most intense hour of TV each week. My favorite show.
2. Dancing with the Stars...We love it. Gosh I wish I could dance like that.
3. Survivor....We never get tired of it. The original is still one of the best.
3. Grey's Anatomy...sometimes irritating, sometimes compelling, it still is must watch although of all the shows on our list it is the one I can miss without caring really.
4. Hell's Kitchen....We missed the first 2 seasons but got hooked in season three. Surprised me how entertaining it is. Gordon Ramsey is fascinating and terrifying.
5. Lost...Have not missed a second of this series. Confusing yes, but good anyway. This will be the last season and I hope it explains everything.
6. Next Food Network/Design Network Star...These are summer shows and we just love them. Competition with weekly eliminations. Food Star is over, Design Star finale this Sunday.
7. American Idol...Nothing need be said here.
8. 24...The most intense drama on TV...hardest part here is waiting till next week's episode.
9. Dark Blue...Summer series on TNT. It features Dylan McDermott who played Bobby Donnell on "The Practice". Finale is next week. This has been good. Intense under cover cop show.

I probably forgot a few shows..I will make updates to this list.

I'll return Monday. I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment