Friday, November 20, 2009

The Computer Virus

I got put through the wringer at work this week. I somehow put a virus on my work computer. First let me state that if something pops ups telling you that your antivirus is not working and it looks like a microsoft notice IT IS NOT A MICROSOFT NOTICE. Do not click on it. I know better but I did it anyway. It was a nasty virus. It took a couple of different programs scanned several times each to finally clear it up. I strongly recommend that you go to these websites and download these programs to your computer so you will have them in case you need them. There are free versions of each program. If you download them open them up at least weekly and "update" them to keep them current.

www.malwarebytes.com ... the program is called malwarebytes. It does not run in the background and won't use up memory. It is a powerful tool.

www.lavasoft.com ... the program is called ad-aware. another powerful anti virus program.

May we all stay computer virus free!

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment