Thursday, October 22, 2009

What makes it special...

Karen and I had our Bonus Jack hamburgers last night. It is not the world's greatest hamburger but it is one of my favorite burgers. It was the same burger we ate 37 years ago. Same two patties, two pieces of cheese, double decker bun, lettuce, onions, and secret sauce. It is a unique hamburger for sure. There is nothing else like it. But the burger itself is not what makes it special. As we had ours last night I realized that what makes it special is the memory of the two of us sitting in Mom and Dad's car, after church at Lively Park, sharing the Bonus Jack meal. Sometimes it is the memory that make something special.

Speaking of special...My post on the Irving Theater was also about a place that was special to me. Dave told the old New Hope group to check it out and that produced several great comments from that bunch. I knew we weren't the only ones who had fond memories about that place. I submitted the story to the Dallas Morning News and they have emailed me and informed me that they are going to put it in the paper. Tentative date is Friday October 30th.

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment