Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday weigh in for 10/07

It was a strange roller coaster week.

Last Wednesday I weighed in at 258.0 pounds. I spent Wednesday afternoon mowing the back yard and ate well Wednesday and was at 256.6 Thursday morning. I weighed 256.4 Friday morning. I was off to such a great start. I got off at 6pm Friday and Karen and I decided to use a Chili's gift certificate she got from work. We split an order of Mushroom Jack chicken fajitas. I also got a bag of chips and salsa to go. I ate half of the fajitas and Karen ate half. I ate what I considered to be a half bowl of chips. I checked the charts at livestrong.com before I decided to order this. It would put me at the high end of my daily allowed calories but it would not put me over. I really thought it was a fine meal. I also decided that as tired as I felt and at the end of a long week missing one night of exercise would be okay so I did not do anything that night.

WRONG

Saturday morning I weighed 260 lbs! There was something in that meal that didn't agree with my metabolism. Also choosing to not exercise on my highest caloric and fat gram day of the week in hindsight was just plain stupid on my part. It was a struggle to get those pounds back off. Monday morning I was at 258.2 which was still .2 higher than I was last Wednesday. I was faced with the prospect of my first week of no weight loss. I am mentally prepared for a week like that by the way and I will not let it discourage me but I am not ready for it. I ate my regular healthy routine Monday and Tuesday and did 15 minutes each night on the jogging trampoline. This morning I weighed in at an even 256.0 pounds. Somehow I did obtain my weekly goal of a 2 pound weight loss.

Friday I have the story of how the single most embarrassing incident of my adolescent life turned into a pretty special moment.

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment