Monday, December 28, 2009

Alvin and the Chipmunks said it best...

~~~We can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late~~~

Every Christmas season I am reminded that our Saviour was born on Christmas day. I believe in the story of his birth as told in the gospel of Luke. I also believe in the story as told in the gospel of John that "Whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life". Without the Christ there would be no Christmas Season.

I love everything about the Christmas season. For me it starts with the music. Good old reliable 103.7 had non stop Christmas beginning the day after Thanksgiving and I listened to it almost every second I was in the car. Figuring out how we can afford the gifts gets harder all the time but we always seem to find a way and that is fun. Shopping is even fun at Christmas. The best thing is you just spend more time with everyone. I spend more time with Karen the month of December than any other month. Christmas Eve is the big Holland Family Christmas party. That is when my family all gathers to eat and exchange gifts. My Mom, brother, sister, and all the nieces and nephews and their kids ( the kids have kids now!) together is just wonderful. But of course the best is Christmas Day. There is no greater feeling of contentment for me than when I have my wife, my four daughters, and my grand daughter under the same roof with me and that is how I get to spend my Christmas day. The Christmas season truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Unfortunately this years' Christmas season has to end for now. As of Monday 12/28/09 103.7 is no longer playing Christmas music. The good news is that there will be another Christmas season next year. It just can't come soon enough for me. I say we all channel our inner chipmunk and also sing "please Christmas don't be late."

I'm off and pedaling for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rick, We're about to come to our 40th anniversary of being Christians. I think it was mid february 1970 when I asked Jesus into my heart. It's hard to imagine what life would have been liked had I chosen not to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that God works in Mysterious ways...your George Bailey turned out to be Burnett Martin ! : )

    ReplyDelete