Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 was a weird year

I have been trying, for days, to write a good bye post to the year 2009. I have typed, re-typed, back spaced, cut and pasted, and cleared more pages than I care to think about. I know how I feel about 2009 but expressing these feelings is proving impossible. In summary I think it was a bad year for our country and for Americans in general. That truly saddens me.

But on a personal level there are several good things that happened last year. My two oldest daughters married wonderful men. My two youngest daughters have started new careers and I am excited for them and proud of them. Those are the best things for me about 2009. Karen's work environment (a new principal at her school) made her life happier which makes me happy too. And then I decided to try and lose weight and write a blog about it. Getting healthier is a "no brainer" type of good thing. What I never realized that deciding to write this blog about trying to get healthy would help me strengthen so many of my personal relationships. I doubt that I will write this thing forever but I must admit it has enriched me while I have been writing it.

As for 2010, I guess we'll see. I do have great hope for 2010. I think it may be a great year.

I'm back Friday with the first weigh in of Phase Two.

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment