Monday, January 11, 2010

PPBC

I am not an extremely sentimental person. I know what an extremely sentimental person is because I know several of them. My brother is one, my wife is one, etc. There are things that I greatly admire about the extremely sentimental person but it still doesn't make me want to be one. There just are very few things that I allow myself to get all that attached to but there is one place very special to me that I want to talk about today.

My church is Plymouth Park Baptist Church. I am sentimental when it comes to PPBC. It was at PPBC where I first learned the story of God, his son, and his living spirit. It was at PPBC where I fell in love with my wife. It was there that I met many men of God who I have looked up to as role models for most of my life. It was the safe haven that helped me raise my daughters in a secure environment. Seeing my girls bloom into the wonderful young ladies they have become may not have happened with out PPBC. My love of singing was so wonderfully nurtured by Cliff McClellan and the music ministry at PPBC. It was at PPBC where we were able to introduce my grand daughter Madi to Sunday School and the pre-school bible stories that I know will only help her in life. And it is to PPBC that I still go on Sunday mornings to worship.

I don't know what the future holds for PPBC. As we all know the population base of Irving has changed. That specific area, The Plymouth Park Shopping Center, has changed too. The membership size is not not what it once was. I guess I have come to grips with the fact that I can't count on PPBC to be at that location forever. But it will live forever in my heart. PPBC has done what few people/places/things have been able to. It has made me attach myself and I will never, ever want to let go.

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment