Thursday, August 20, 2009

So what's on the menu these days?

I believe that should be allowed to eat good food that I enjoy. I believe can have a couple of wickedly delicious fat gram loaded meals each week too. It's how we balance it out that makes the difference. Unfortunately I forget to balance these things out. I also forget to get in my exercise. There are many forms of exercise available to us. I once was hooked on the jogging trampoline and still believe that for the price it is the best piece of exercise equipment on the market. I have one now and in the cold if the winter I plan on removing the dust and using it too. What I have to do is make the once and for all lifetime commitment to eat smart and always exercise. The trick for me is that I work all day every day sitting at a desk as a finance manager at a car dealership. Most of my food is microwaved meals or re heated leftovers (not that there's anything wrong with that). So with that in mind we search for a healthy eating plan.


My Mom put me on to a cool website and that is http://www.livestrong.com/. If you click the link to "diet & fitness" and then click "daily plate" there is a form you can fill out with your age, height, current weight, weight loss goals, and level of exercise you will be doing. It then tells you how many calories a day you can eat and still hit your weight loss goal. According to their chart, at a moderate exercise level, I can consume 2400 calories a day and obtain my goal of losing 2 lbs per week. I took it one additional step and registered (for free) at livestrong.com. I can tell them what I ate each day and they tell me how many calories and fat grams I have consumed.I am honestly surprised that I can eat 2400 calories and still lose weight. It doesn't mean that I will eat that much either. In fact I am going to try and stay below that each day. On the days I go over I will try to make up for it the next day. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY. Thanks for the tip Mom!

This is what I ate Wednesday:
Breakfast- Jimmy dean frozen low cal breakfast sandwich. You can buy these at Sam's. Delicious and filling. I ate it at 8:15 on the drive in to work. I also had a banana. It kept me full until lunch time.
7 fat grams, 260 calories

Lunch at 1:00 pm- One Totinos Supreme pizza. This is the small one that Kroger runs on sale all the time for $1.00 each. I also had a one ounce serving of Frito's.
Pizza- 40 fat grams, 740 calories Frito's- 10 fat grams, 160 calories

Supper-Good size portion of Karen's world class spaghetti. The only thing I like more than the sight of Karen's leftovers is the sight of Karen herself.
Spaghetti- 40 grams fat and 640 calories.

For the day I was at about 100 fat grams and 1800 calories. I ate well and was never hungry. I rode that night and lost .8 lb from the previous day. These are the types of eating days I am having now. We'll see if it gets me where I need to be.This will be the final post for the week. I'll be back Monday.

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment