Tuesday, April 20, 2010

They say change is good

And for the most part I completely agree that change is good. I needed to change my health situation and last August I decided to do something about it. I changed some things about my lifestyle and eating habits and lo and behold my body changed too. That is just one example of something I have changed for the better. There are a lot of things I have changed over the years. Sometimes the changes were good and sometimes they were bad. The thing about me is I am quite human. I am not very good at doing what is right all the time. I really want to change that. I want to change my self for the better. I think I know the answer to changing for the better. The answer is to trust the one thing that has never changed. Actually I should say we need to trust the one person that has never changed.

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever"

There are many chapters in the book of my 53 years of life. There are chapters where I remembered daily to pray that I would become better and on those days and I did become better. There are days where I forgot to pray that prayer. Truthfully there are many chapters where I forgot to pray at all. There are some very low points in my book. But the good news is that God never changed. When I look to him and ask him to lead me and make me better he always has. His word tells me he still will. Today I asked God to take control and make me better. I know he did. Now I just need to remember to repeat the process tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment