Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ahhhhhh......

When I started my quest last August to get healthy I knew that daily exercise was just as important as eating right. The thing about exercise for me is I have to enjoy it to stick with it. I hated running (even when I could run and was quite good at it) and had never really got into walking. So I did what all boys love to do and I rode a bicycle. I rode almost daily for a couple of months but by October 1st the chilly morning and night air ( the only times I could ride) made the curtailing of the bike rides a necessity. Throughout the fall and winter and early spring I finally learned to enjoy walking as a form of exercise. Walking is great for me because I am at the dealership most of the day and these days I am not busy a lot. Our showroom is big enough to make it an indoor walking arena and that is exactly what I did. I turned former dead time into exercise time and it has been great. But there is nothing like the bike ride. Riding down the street with the wind in your hair is a feeling no other exercise can compete with.

I had my first ride of the year Wednesday afternoon. All I can say is "Ahhhhhh......"

I'm off and pedaling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment